Wednesday, April 2, 2008

*Notice -- Disclaimer

My therapist says I need to talk more. For the record i am rather talkative and somtimes rather boisterious with those i call friends. All the same in attempt to please her, I decided to construct a blog so could evade verbally expressing myself yet still obtain partial favor in her eyes. I will try my best to let my conjured up paltry posts make this far , as I tend to argue, contradict, gainsay and negate my thoughts until they are pointless in my mind to share. I do not claim to have insight or knowledge of or on such matters I banter about. Anything profound or helpful that results is a testimony to my Almighty Creator working through a jar of clay, a loaf of unsliced bread. Also, I would like to add that I enjoy discussion, conversation and tête-à-tête and do not want to type your ears off, so please leave comments and such, for the sake of my mental health

5 comments:

Ben said...

awesome!
I'm dying from the description of ur blog! It's just what I read on the plastic bags of my little siblings MacDonald's toys...
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one happy about u getting a blog, I just love 2-for-1 specials!

-Ben (the guy still dying from that awesome description of ur blog)

Emily said...

it's missing some words in the first few sentences, i think, and there's a space where i think one got taken out. it is funny, but there's a lot of big words in there...and what the heck is tete-a-tete?!?! xP ben's right, the description is pretty awesome.
r u sure u don't have a therapist? lol. not really tho.

Colin said...

Well, I guess (for the sake of your mental health) we can try and have interesting intellectual discussions.
And to help on your blogging way: A few quotes about writing which I love:

"Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers."

"Trying to use words, and every attempt/Is a wholly new start, and a different kind of failure/Because one has only learnt to get the better of words/For the thing one no longer has to say, or the way in which/One is no longer disposed to say it."

"Words strain,/Crack and sometimes break, under the burden,/Under the tension, slip, slide, perish,/Decay with imprecision, will not stay in place,/Will not stay still./Shrieking voices/Scolding, mocking, or merely chattering,/Always assail them."

Sorry, I'm on a T.S. Eliot binge. :D

Emily said...

that's better than an eating binge, i suppose......maybe. lol.

Anonymous said...

My Dearest Holly,
I am going to be perfectly honest with you: "partial favor" is correct. I appreciate your desire to meet my mandate, but this is not what I had in mind. However, it seems that you have made some new friends in recent months, as you have never before mentioned Ben or Colin in our discussions. While I am not excusing you from making an effort to speak your mind more frequently, I am commending you for making new acquaintances.
On another note, I feel I must ask, Who is this "invisible_gurl," and what right does she have to ask if you are sure you do not have a therapist? Evidently she is truly confused. Of course you have a therapist! Perhaps she should enroll in my therapy program as well, seeing as she thinks of herself as invisible. She also does not know how to spell properly.
Shall I be seeing you tomorrow? I have you scheduled for an hour and thirty minute session from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. As you did not make it to your appointment last week I did not have the chance to confirm this with you. If you are unable to make it, please give me a call.
My lunch break is coming to a close, so I must return to work. I look forward to seeing you soon, dear.
Thera